Blogger Backgrounds

Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Disability In BDSM

(Hopefully she wasn't abused, even willingly. We are seeing that most of these women are "Disabled" and it's not difficult to arrive at WHY. Very sad indeed.) This statement is basically saying that disability is a result of bdsm. This is so far from the truth as to be totally laughable.

I am disabled due to having given birth to a baby that was too large to pass through my pelvis easily and passing her caused extensive damage to my pelvis. Further I have degenerative disc disease which has affected two discs in my lower back resulting in bad discs and a great deal of nerve damage. Having my second child put further damage to my pelvis resulting in a fusion becoming necessary. The fusion failed leaving me with a permanent compound fracture of the left sacroiliac joint (part of the pelvis). This has had nothing at all to do with my lifestyle choices, engaging in bdsm play activities, or being a slave.

I know others in bdsm who are disabled due to diabetes complications, birth defects, auto accidents and surgical errors. I also know a large number of people who are not disabled at all yet are still involved in bdsm.

There is no proof that bdsm leaves people disabled or that disabled people are more drawn to bdsm than able bodied people. In fact, going solely by the numbers, I would have to say that the opposite is true (more able bodied people are involved in bdsm than disabled people).

3 comments:

  1. Although this post is a couple of years lm replying.

    Firstly really interesting with great subject matter.

    lm disabled - paraplegic - active wheelchair user.

    Am a lover of BDSM - 100% subbie.

    l have been interested and excited with BDSM since a child - used to entice my brother to tie me up. when l was 18 l suffered a spinal injury. BDSM was non discriminatory however - lm still as submissive and kinky as ever. For me BDSM is a personal thing - nothing to do with whether someone is disabled or not - just the fact we are who we are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your reply Lee. It is always nice to hear from others who are also dealing with disabilities and still involved in BDSM.

    I agree that bdsm is a personal thing and has nothing to do with whether or not one is a submissive (or dominant for that matter). We are who we are, regardless of the condition of our bodies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old post, but this important. I've been the top in an D/s relationship for a while, but recently lost most of the use of my legs. What can I do, or is this new territory?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and enjoy reading your feedback on my posts. Thank you for taking the time to make a comment!