Blogger Backgrounds

Pages

Monday, January 19, 2009

Power Exchange and Daily Living

Master and I have been together for 8 years now, which makes me very happy. I have noticed though that the power exchange between us has become more subtle than it was in the beginning. I am still well aware of who has final say. I still do things in the way I know he prefers them done, but the feelings of dominance and submission are not as intense as they used to be.

I am sure that some of this is simply that we are no longer in any honeymoon phase of our relationship. Having been together this long, that whole "wow this is so wonderful!" thing that happens in the begining of a relationship is not there anymore. I know that some of it is simply because we have both adjusted to each other and there is less need for us to tell each other our preferences, needs or wants; we already have a really good idea of what works for each other and what doesn't. I am also sure that some of this comes solely from my physical disabilities and how they effect my ability to do things.

I've talked about this with others who have been in a relationship with the same person for many years and they say similar things. I don't see this as a bad thing. I enjoy knowing where I stand and having the security that comes from knowing what to do and how to do it. With more time that passes, the more comfortable we get with one another. The more secure we become within our relationship and ourselves. I like that comfort and security.

Just a few thoughts that popped into my head.

1 comment:

  1. during the past three years I have a relation of D/s, and I love it, but the two of both work, and the daily rotine sometimes cause that me don't play a lot like in the begginning, I have my daily diary, and have my things to do daily, i obbey and enjoy, but I miss that we dont play more.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and enjoy reading your feedback on my posts. Thank you for taking the time to make a comment!