Blogger Backgrounds

Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Rough Day

Today ended up being a rather rough day. I read a Xanga entry (blog entry) from my step son that really hurt my feelings. He seems bound and determined to see everything I do, don't do, say or don't say as negative and against him, no matter what it actualy was. And I know that any explanation I give him won't matter, he continues to see things in whatever way he has decided is "right" in his mind. Usually that means whatever makes him look most innocent. Still though, it really hurt my feelings to see him turn around what actually happened when he showed up unannounced and unexpected the other day so that it looks like I purposely snubbed him because I hated him. I don't hate him. I don't like everything he does, but I don't hate him.

I got punished last night, for not doing laundry. I did some laundry today, there isn't much to do though, only a few small loads left, which is kind of nice. So I had my guilt with me today. I always feel guilty when I screw up enough to actually be punished because I know Master does not punish easily.

Then to make matters worse someone decided it would be a good idea to tell me I am not a slave, nor a sub, because I do not immediately agree with everything Master says or does and that I am more than willing to tell him if I think he is wrong. After that blog of my step-son's this crap did not help at all. This guy scares me because he puts himself out there as a wise knowledgeable person about BDSM, and he tells people he has online only experience. I've done both, online and real life, and there is a major difference between the two. It is alot easier to type in "kneels before so and so" in real life when you are angry, not feeling well, cranky or what not than it is to actually do it in r/l. THere are fears and such that crop up in real life, that don't crop up online because in r/l its all real. The dominant is really going to tie you up, or really expect you to do all the housework or whatever is in your relationship. Online, typing in that you wash the dishes is alot more fun than actually washing dishes in real life. I've done both as I said before so I speak, from my experiences, to both. But I try to be very reality based when it comes to teaching newbies. In my opinion it is wrong and downright dangerous to teach a bunch of newbies that they should never ever question their dominant and that if they do they are a bad submissive or slave. In reality subs and slaves question their dominants (and themselves) quite often. The longer the relationship goes on, the less questioning is done because the people involved know each other better, but there are still times where questions are raised.

How each individual relationship handles these questions is one thing, and it does vary. Some require that the slave ask permission to speek freely before they can tell the dominant their feelings or thoughts. Some do not require that. Some require a combination of that. But every master/slave relationship I know of has some kind of arrangement made in which the slave can (and is expected to) question their dominant, or give their opinion and evidence if they think the dominant is wrong. To be told that this is not allowed is a fantasy and a dangerous one. I've been in a relationship where questioning the dominant was not allowed at all and obedience was expected even when I knew the dom was flat out wrong. It was very damaging to me because I was the one who had to deal directly with the mistakes he made. I was the one who got hurt physically or emotionally because the dom was too insecure to let me give my opinion.

We talk about communication a great deal in bdsm. We say how important it is to keep a relationship healthy and happy. Being able to give one's opinion is part of the communication in any relationship. To deny one participant the ability to do that, is to effectively cut them off from communicating at all. Without the communication trust suffers, resentment builds and the relationship eventually dies and at worse it can become quite abusive.

If being able to speak my mind, at my owner's insistence, makes me not a slave or sub in someone else's eyes, then they need glasses and a reality check. I know what I am and I know who is in charge and has final say in all things, and it is not me.

3 comments:

  1. bravo, sis! you said it there, real life is definately a lot different that on-line. and i appreciated the part about questioning the Master, i too am r/l and i too question if i think He is mistaken. we are not doormats, we don't live as doormats, we are slaves to wonderful Masters who care deeply for us. to be anything less than questioning if we think they are incorrect would be incorrect for us. you dear are a slave, most definately, this line says it all and i ditto it for my life, "I know what I am and I know who is in charge and has final say in all things, and it is not me." enjoy, sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray to you for saying what is on my mind. I cannot imagine having to keep my opinions to myself. My master is wonderful and expects me to tell him how I feel. Of course the final decision is his, but he always takes my thoughts and feelings into account. We are a couple first and foremost and we communicate about everything. Otherwise, what is the point of being together? I need him to guide me and care for me but I also need a partner. I have found one in him and because we stay connected, (and I do question him some)I believe we will be ablet to survive long after others have failed. He is not only my master, but my lover and my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with what the subs are saying. As a Master there is such a clear difference between online and real life, my slave offers challenges that many who have never actually trained and owned a woman could not would not and probably would prefer not to imagine. A slave that questions her Master is still a slave, just one that is a greater challenge and stretches the Master, but the bottom line is if a woman is submissive, she can become a slave, if the Master is skilled and dynamic, every single time, not most of the time, every single time. A person that does not understand the nuance of that does not understand D/s. However a slave that questions her Master will often be punish and the mistake corrected, that is how you deal with a inpertinent slave, not by saying she is NOT a slave.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and enjoy reading your feedback on my posts. Thank you for taking the time to make a comment!