Blogger Backgrounds

Pages

Sunday, July 03, 2005

A Day At The Beach

I went with Master today to the hotel where my in-laws are staying. Its right on the beach. I bought a bathing suit yesterday because I knew Master wanted me to go with him today, since I couldn't go yesterday due to my back. So today I helped pack stuff, gathered up the MM (mini-master, my 9 yr old son) and Master's daughter and went with Master to visit his family. We sat around the hotel room, which was fairly large so we weren't too crowded, and chatted for a while. Then we had McDonald's for lunch and after that we went down to the beach. I wasn't going to, mostly because I am embarressed by my belly, but I knew Master really wanted me to. So I went ahead and put on my bathing suit and spent about an hour or so swimming in the ocean (which is the Gulf Of Mexico) and standing on the beach. The kids had a blast and it was a lot of fun watching them play in the surf. MM tended to spend much of his time playing by himself and that made me feel bad. I had hoped he would get better at socializing thanks to school, but that doesn't seem to have happened. He can play with other kids and enjoy himself, but he also seems to like playing beside other kids, rather than with them.

I really enjoyed swimming in the ocean. The water felt absolutely wonderful! It has been so long sicne I have gone swimming. It is nice to know that I do still enjoy it. The water was a bit choppy, not real bad though. I got to see just how badly I am out of shape by how quickly the waves (which really weren't that big) made me tired. After a while on the becah we went to the hotel pool, which was a lot easier to swim in. Of course, there were no currents or waves LOL I did some diving in the deep end, and I taught my niece how to dive alittle bit, she did quite well. Then I tried to teach the MM how to float, but he wouldn't relax enough to float.

Ok I'm falling asleep. I'll finish this tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and enjoy reading your feedback on my posts. Thank you for taking the time to make a comment!