Blogger Backgrounds

Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Honor In Slaves and Slavery

I was on IRC today and found myself involved in a discussion that pops up frequently in some gorean rooms. It was the old "slaves have no honor" discussion. I know that some people believe a slave has no honor of their own because a slave owns nothing, their Master/Mistress owns everything. Personally I do not agree with this.

Honor has been defined and redefined many times. When I use it, I mean it to say that an honorable person is one who is honest, trustworthy and reliable. Doing the right thing even when it goes against the crowd. Standing up for what one believes in. But not being arrogant or domineering.

I was trained that a slave's behavior reflects upon their owner at all times. Because of this, the slave carries part of their owner's honor with them. If the slave behaves in a pleasing and appropriate manner, this reflects well on his/her owner. If a slave behaves badly, this reflects badly on his/her owner. But beyond that, I think a slave has their own honor. In reality, slaves in m/s relationships are not raised to be slaves. So they do not have the cultural backing of a slave, and thus their mental state and their emotional states can conflict with their need to be a slave. a slave, in r/l, is also a human being and probably one that has their own interests, jobs and responsibilities. How the slave handles those areas of their life show whether or not the slave is honorable. The same qualities that define honor for a master or mistres, can be applied to a slave in r/l m/s. A slave needs to be trustworthy, honest, and reliable. They need to be able to do the right thing, even in the face of others who do not agree. They need to be able to stand up for what they believe in, what they want and need, so that they do not rush into collars and then regret them later. Honor is something I believe all human beings should have and it applies to both, dominants and subs/slaves.

Being a slave does not mean that I suddenly lack ethics or honor. I am still the same person I was before I became owned. I still have the same values regarding such things as telling the truth and fulfilling my responsibilities. If anything, my values have gotten stronger as now my behavior reflects not only on me, but on my Master as well. I take that very seriously. I know I am not perfect and I do make mistakes, but I try very hard not to make mistakes, specially in public, because I do not want to reflect badly on my Master. Such behavior fits clearly under the term "honor".

ok..lost my train of thought. I'm multi-tasking and I don't do that as well as I used to LOL

1 comment:

  1. I have not yet given my self to my master yet. The time is fast apporaching for him to understand my desire of wanting him to be my Master.

    It is my view, that by giving your self to your Master, it is one of the most loving things we as a slave can do.

    The master, I have chosen for me, is the love of my life, I do now that I could never give myself to another Master other than him.

    Hell to be honest with you all I never even knew I was capable of having a Mater until I meet my futrue Master, I know he is going to love, honor, and respect me take me to the edge and bring me back safely.

    Yes, I do aslo realise that this life style is not for anyone and I was one of those people who thought that having a Master was someonthing as a woman I could never do.

    It s totally amazing when you find the one and true love of you life the one that you can call Master. And know in your heart and soul, you are entering into the most prfound loving relationship of your life.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and enjoy reading your feedback on my posts. Thank you for taking the time to make a comment!