Blogger Backgrounds

Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Old Guard, New Guard, The way I was trained

I was doing some reading today. I came accross some articles regarding the history of the leather scene and read them. It was quite fascinating reading to be honest. Some of it was very familiar to me, not because I was there when these things were the norm, but because they were the things my mentor taught me.

I have told others that when I got online and found lots of people who enjoy bdsm and things like that, I made the mistake of trying to model my reality after what others told me was *right*, only to have it fail, of course. Rick, whom I consider my mentor, is the one who opened my eyes to realizing that bdsm is personal and it is what I make of it, what is right for me and my partners. He used to talk alot about the group he had been a member of for over 20 years down in Texas where he lived. He related to me things like group rules, ownership of a sub (but they were all called masochists or slaves), who owned the collar, who bestowed a collar, how a sub/slave was handled within the group itself and so many other things. It was he who showed me that I did not have to engage in a relationship where I have the final say and can say no whenever I want and have it obeyed if I did not want such a relationship. He trained me in formality, rituals, positions and ettiquette. The things he explained to me and showed me how to do, matched my feelings and desires better than d/s ever did.

Ok..gotta take this call..will finish later

1 comment:

  1. Great blog! i just started mine, would love to know what you think: http://becasstory.blogspot.com/

    Thanks!

    beca

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and enjoy reading your feedback on my posts. Thank you for taking the time to make a comment!