Blogger Backgrounds

Pages

Thursday, November 23, 2000

Today is Thanksgiving so we're doing the whole cook everything thing. Sometimes I wonder why we bother with this holiday, it seems to be more of an excess than anything else. I know it's supposed to be a historical thing and an emotional thing where people give thanks for what they have. A day set aside for family and friends to enjoy a meal together and think of the things they are thankful for. So, along that line, I've been thinking about what I am thankful for today. (I know, it's mushy, but hey, it's a holiday I'm allowed. LOL) Anyway, I am thankful for a lot of things actually. For my daughter's progress finally beginning to take root in her mind and become habit. For my son's progress in talking and playing with his imagination. For my kids being with me. For my kids being healthy. For Ron's kids being here and being healthy. For ayli's being part of the family and helping out so much. For my friends who mean so much to me. For Ron who is so wonderful to me. For my health being pretty good. Heck, I guess I'm just thankful for having people who I love, and who love me in return, around me. That is a very nice thing to have. It's something that people tend to take for granted over time, and I try hard not to take it for granted. I try to think about the things that I love about my family and friends, so that I do not take them for granted too often.

The food is almost done, so I figured I'd come online and rest my back it's a bit sore now from standing for so long chopping up stuff for the stuffed mushrooms. Oh those are so yummy! The kids are all addicted to the sims, and now so is Ron and Jeff. The other night Ron built his "dream house" with the sims program. It's really neat to be able to use your imagination and build a house. Ron has this dream house that he has always wanted. It is a HUGE house, but very beautiful. It is, however, square with an opening in the middle for the pool and hot tub. It's certainly an interesting design. But man that would be one expensive house to actually build. He is very hopeful that some day he will be able to have that house, and I'd like to see him get it too.

I can't really think of a whole lot to say, so I'll stop there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and enjoy reading your feedback on my posts. Thank you for taking the time to make a comment!